The 2016-2017 Chicago Film Critics Association membership drive has begun.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact CFCA President Dann Gire or Membership Poobah, Peter Sobczynski at
• Membership in the Chicago Film Critics Association is restricted to professional film critics recognized by editors or producers as their commercial media outlets' official critical voices or staff authorities on the cinematic arts and whose work has a Chicago presence.
• Members must provide actual film criticism and not just interviews, capsule descriptions or other pieces that offer no critical assessment of the film being covered.
• All applicants must have held their positions for at least six months before applying for membership.
• Educational publications and broadcast outlets (i.e. colleges and high schools) are ineligible for membership.
• Applications are due Sunday, July 31, 2016.
With the continued development of our online presence, the special screenings that many members of our organization have hosted at various local theaters and, of course, the crown jewel that is our ever-expanding Chicago Critics Film Festival, the CFCA is in the midst of a full-blown revival and with your efforts, this will continue on into the future.